On 4 June 2019, COST’s governing board, the Committee of Senior Officials (CSO), have confirmed the funding of 40 new COST Actions, starting in late Summer/Autumn 2019.
More than half of the 40 network proposals cover at least two OECD (The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) fields of science and technology, while 5% cover at least three fields.
Natural sciences lead the way as the most represented field of science (53% of the Actions), followed by engineering and technology (30%), social sciences (28%), agricultural sciences (20%), medical and health sciences (18%) and humanities (10%).
The 40 successful proposals in figures:
• 37% of proposal leaders are early-career investigator
• 45% of proposal leaders are women
• 72% of the proposals feature participants from SMEs and industry
• 44% of all proposers work in an Inclusiveness Target Country
• 75% of the future networks have attracted participants from all over the world (COST International Partner Countries/Near Neighbour Countries)
The full Action details will be available on 25 June at: https://www.cost.eu/COST_Actions/all_actions.