Call for applications
Purpose of the ECI workshop:
The Workshop for Early Career Investigators (ECI) is organized by the COST Action CA18233 European Network for Innovative Diagnosis and Treatment of Chronic Neutropenias (EuNet-INNOCHRON). The young participating scientists will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge via interactive lectures from experts, familiarize themselves with protocols, discuss and even start collaborations with other researchers on the same field all over Europe, as well as present their own work and findings and state their concerns and questions.
The meeting aims at covering the on-going research, future perspectives and potential clinical applications, and at fostering novel ideas in the field of Chronic Neutropenias.
The host of the Workshop is the G.Gaslini Children's Research Hospital, Genova, Italy and Dr Carlo Dufour and Francesca Fioredda’s Laboratory. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic a limited number of participants will be accepted.
An applicant can be considered as being an ECI when she/he is within a time span of up to 8 years from the date they obtained their PhD/doctorate (full-time equivalent). Younger researchers (preferably under the age of 40) are also welcome to participate.
Deadline for applications: June 30, 2021
Applicants are encouraged to submit an abstract of their recent research on Neutropenia.
The application should consist of:
- A brief C.V.
- A motivation letter stating the relevance to their research and the value to participate in the ECI course.
- A letter of support from a senior Researcher/Clinician (preferably but not necessarily related to the EuNet-INNOCHRON project) from their home Institution.
- The applicants are also encouraged to submit an abstract of up to 500 words text. Selected abstracts will be presented as oral or poster presentations during the meeting. Submission of an abstract will be considered an advantage during the selection process of the applicants.
- The applicants will be formally notified of the outcome of their application on July 12th 2021 at the latest.
- The selected applicants will be sent a formal COST invitation to the email they have provided and instructions for reimbursement rules for the expenses regarding the whole travel.
- The selected participants will be reimbursed from the COST Action EuNet-INNOCHRON for travel costs and will get a fixed amount of daily allowance (for their accommodation, 2 meals/day and any public local transport).
- To attend this in-person meeting, participants are subject to the regulations of the Italian National Health Authorities regarding the pandemic that are being constantly revised. Therefore, for the current period it appears that for accessing these meetings it will be required: a) vaccination certificate or b) negative PCR swab done 48 hours before or c) certificate of protective Antibody titres. More information will be sent to the selected participants, in case a change occurs.
- Participants are advised to include cancellation insurance when making arrangement for travel and accommodation