Accessing the Website
We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or that access to it will be uninterrupted. Access to our Website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Website without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Website (or any part, feature of or service under the Website) is removed or is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access our Website (including, having access to an internet connection and an appropriate browser).
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or which has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material for any commercial purpose or in a manner which does not comply with our content standards (as set out below).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar request (commonly known as ‘spam’).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
Website and Forum - registering and contributions
Registering for an Account
The EuNet-INNOCHRON Forum is a private EuNet-INNOCHRON COST Action site to which you can submit details of health experiences for display, indexing and feedback from other registered users.
If you choose to register for an account with our Forum then if you select, or you are given, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our registration or security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly reset your password to a different one which will be known only to you.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information regarding use of personal data relating to you.
You must only use the Website for lawful purposes and you must not infringe the rights of other users of this site or prevent their fruitful use .
If you are not a member of EuNet-INNOCHRON COST Action then unfortunately you are unable to register for an account within our Forum.
Use of the Forum
The Forum is intended for the discussion of medical and health related topics. Whenever you use or visit our Forum you must comply with the following standards. These standards apply to each part of any contribution you make to the Website (including the Forum) and whether you do or do not comply with those standards will be determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in Belgium (and in any country from which they are posted).
- Be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited neither be contributed with the intention of causing upset, trouble or ‘trolling’.
- Provide proper references and source information for any health or medical information which is not from personal experience. Personal experience refers to a symptom, test or treatment that you - have performed?.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Contain any sexually explicit material. Please note that we are aware that there are certain areas of the Forum where users may discuss issues or problems of a sexual nature (for example, erectile dysfunction issues) – we are aware that this is an area where people might find the relative anonymity of a forum a useful place to discuss issues they are concerned about and so it is not something that we want to prevent however please be aware that any images posted to the forums are publicly accessible and we strongly recommend that users think very carefully before posting anything of a personal nature to the site.
- Promote or incite any violence.
- Promote or incite any discrimination (including, that which is based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age).
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark or any other proprietary rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person. In particular, you may not register more than one account or create any alternative accounts.
- Give the impression that they come from us, if this is not the case.
- Give the impression that they come from a healthcare professional, if that is not the case.
- Encourage any act or activity that in our opinion could be harmful to the health or well-being of another user or which raises any clinical safety concerns.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act (such as, for example, the use of any illegal drugs or substance, copyright infringement or computer misuse).
- Be the same as, or substantially similar to, comments which you have made in other threads or areas of the forum (including, for the purposes of promoting a particular message or agenda), i.e. no “spamming” of any discussions.
- Include any advertising or be made for any commercial purpose.
Please note that all contributions must be in English (so that we can effectively moderate the Forum).
When using the Website (including the Forum):
- you may link to specific URLs (web site addresses) in your contributions where these provide relevant and appropriate background reading or information. However, you must not link to advertising or sites that might cause offence to other users of the Website. Please note that any post containing a URL may be subject to review and moderation;
- you must not use it in a manner which (in our view) is intended to promote or advertise another website, product or service (including, by inviting other users to send messages directly to you). If you wish to advertise your product or service via the Website (or otherwise) then please contact us on the first instance using the contact details set out below; and
- you must not use it for any purpose which is in violation (or which , or is likely to, cause us to be in violation) of any applicable laws or regulations.
You represent that any contribution you make to the Forum will comply with the standards set out above, and you will be liable to us and be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this representation.
For your safety we advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else on the Forum (for example: personal telephone number, home address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have a helpful address to share, please advise the site administrators.
Suspension and termination of Forum access
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website (including the Forum).
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website (including the Forum).
- Issuing a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are examples, and we may take such other actions as we may reasonably deem appropriate.
Contributions to our Website
Any contribution to this Website which you submit, including via the Forum (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio), will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all such ownership rights in your content as you may hold, but in submitting such content to the Website you grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, right to store, modify (where reasonably necessary to allow publication), copy and publish the contribution on the Website.. If you wish to keep your content confidential or do not want to grant us these rights, then please do not submit your contribution to the Forum.
Furthermore, by submitting your contribution to the Website, you warrant that you have the right to make it available to us for all the purposes specified above; it is not defamatory; it does not infringe any law or third party rights; that it has not been copied from any third party and you will be required to reimburse us in respect of all legal fees, damages and other expenses that we may incur as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their rights (including, without limitation, their intellectual property rights or right to privacy).
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you (or any other user of our Website).
Third Party Links and Resources in our Website
The Website may contain links to other websites and resources operated by third parties. These links are provided for reference and information purposes only. We do not control such websites or resources and are not responsible for their availability or content.
Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.